Saturday 19 December 2015

Sin É

Chorus
Sin É, O Sine É
Oh, I’d drink there all day
Walk in the door and hand over my pay
If it’s not in the bookies
It’s in the till tray
Thank Josie for feeding us porter

The dubs have their hall, their stag, their MacDaids
In Belfast the crown is supposed to be great
Some say Durty Nellies the best in the state
We’ll leave them away with a caution
To the races in Mallow, we often make tracks
The coach will be loaded with folk for the craic
We’ll be glad to reach Nad when we’re on our way back
For sandwiches, pints and commotion

Chorus

There’s Princes, there’s paupers, there’s queens at the bar
There’s postcards and regards from near and from far
But if you’re an asshole you’re sure to get barred
You must pay for displays of emotion
When the weather outside it is gloomy and grey
You might stop for a drop not intending to stay
You can try as you might, will you won’t get away
You can wave a goodbye to that notion

Chorus

There’s pubs that play techno, there’s pubs that play trad
There’s pubs show Eastenders, those pubs drive you mad
So I’ll stay in Sin E for it I’ll be glad
As my life makes its circular motion
When I take my last sip and can’t take any more
I pray lay me out on the counter or floor
And when I am waked take me out and next door
To O’Connors in one fluid motion


Mick Lynch ‘07

No comments:

Post a Comment