Saturday 19 December 2015

I gave my soles to Jesus

I gave my soles to Jesus
He never gave them back
I lent them for his journey
Down that rough and rocky track
He was coming down from Calvary
His feed cut on the rocks
I had two pairs, he got my spares
But I held on to my socks

Jesus, oh Jesus
I hope you’ve saved my soles
I’ll be needing them in heaven
When I’ve finished growing old

(Jesus, oh Jesus
It’s not just about the cold
If the streets are paved with gold)

I gave my soles to Jesus
For that he gave me thanks
I took them from my rucksack
And approached him through the cranks
He’s come down from the crucifix
He was miserable and cross
He put them on, the turned, was gone
His gain became my loss

I gave my soles to Jesus
By luck or chance they fit
I gave them gladly
But what really go my tit
He ascended into heaven
In a pale unearthly light
But he didn’t leave my sandals
And I really thought he might


No comments:

Post a Comment